Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Viruses

I have had many experiences with viruses and the computer. My most recent encounter with a virus was this last Christmas. At least it had the good timing to come right after I finished finals. I am not exactly sure what I opened that gave my computer the virus, however, this particular virus infected my hard drive and rendered it useless. A trip to Best Buy and the attention of the Geek Squad gave me a false hope that maybe it could be repaired. Ultimately, the bad news came that my computer was dead, fried, and never to be operational again. It took a long time for this diagnosis. I could have used that time to find a good deal on a new computer. At least they were able to go in and save my pictures. I depend on my computer for school. The idea that there are people out there who think it is fun to create viruses or that it is entertaining to create distress for others makes me furious. The people who do this should be caught, arrested, and have to pay people back for what they have done. I ended up having to get a new computer. The only positive thing about this experience is that I now am the proud owner of a new limited edition, pink Sony Vaio!

No comments:

Post a Comment