Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Biggest Challege

In this class my biggest challenge would have to be working with the Mac computers in general. I have a PC at home and I am very comfortable with the programs. Also the way the PC is set up seems more understandable to me. With a Mac, I am not as content with the programs. Learning these programs will take a little bit longer to learn.

It seems like with the Mac computers I have problems with the simplest of tasks. With the mouse I keep pushing the buttons on the side and it hides all of my programs. Another issue with the mouse that I have is the right click has to be clicked in the perfect area to work.

The short cuts with the Mac are a whole other issue. I have yet to memorize the cutting, pasting and all the other short cuts for the Mac. These short cuts seem to be the only way to get done what you want accomplished. With a PC there are many different options to do the task you want to get completed.

The last complication with the Mac computer is closing of the programs. I feel like I have closed something and I come to find that it is sill open and logged into what I was in before. That makes me uncomfortable when I think of the people who use the computer after me. I worry that they could have access to my information. With the PC whichever way you choose to close the program you only have to do it once. The PC is simple and understandable. Although every time we have this class I am one step closer to knowing the Mac. Hopefully soon I will be able to operate the Mac as well as my PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment